High School Program Description
*February 21, 2017
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Festo Didactic Inc.
607 Industrial Way W
Eatontown, NJ 07724
*Originally scheduled Februrary 22, 2017
The NEW MCVSD Pre-Manufacturing & Robotics program offers juniors & seniors in Monmouth County the opportunity to engage and prepare for a career in Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering & Robotics. Students will earn industry-recognized certifications and participate in hands on experiences as well as on the job training through our Structured-Learning Program. This is a shared-time program where students will attend part of the day with MCVSD and the other part of the day at their home high school.
Program Skills and Tasks
* The New Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics program is in partnership with Festo Didactic Inc. located in Eatontown New Jersey.
Career Pathways by Sector
Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
Maintain technical project files.
Implement or test design solutions.
Create mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
- Fabricated Metal
- Computer and Electronic
Overview of Course Work
- Critical Thinking: Analyzing information and situations to solve problems.
- Teamwork: Putting forth your best effort, working cooperatively with colleagues to achieve a common goal.
- Communication: Expressing your thoughts clearly and respectfully in words and actions, including active listening.
- Entrepreneurship: Demonstrating superior self-motivation, such as staying focused on work goals, being a role model, and finding effective ways to motivate others.
- Technology: Mastering and adapting to the changing technical tools used to do your job.
High School Credits Earned
- Introduction to Engineering: Exposure to various branches of engineering, careers available, educational requirements and tools.
- Material, Properties & Processes: Provide a foundation for understanding the relationship between material properties, structure and performance for engineering solids.
- Engineering Graphics with CAD: Graphics curriculum utilizing freehand sketching, manual board drafting and Computer-Aided Drafting.
- Electricity & Electronics: Introduction to the basic concepts of DC & AC circuit analysis. Loop and node analysis, network theorems and poly-phase circuits
- Robotics & Automation: Lab-based, hands-on curriculum combining electrical, mechanical and engineering principles.
Advanced Manufacturing I 10 credits
ICTE (Intergrated Career Technical Education) Math I 5 credits
ICTE (Intergrated Career Technical Education) Science I 5 credits
TOTAL: 20 credits
Advanced Manufacturing II 10 credits
ICTE (Intergrated Career Technical Education)Math II 5 credits
ICTE (Intergrated Career Technical Education)Science II 5 credits
TOTAL: 20 credits
Monmouth County (Hazlet) Area:
Range of Salary: $56,77.00 - $79,701.00
*Annual salary according to salary.com as of Nov. 2016